Miras International School aspires to be the leading learning community of academic and personal excellence, integrating global perspectives and Kazakhstani heritage in a progressive multilingual environment.
Miras International School, Astana provides a quality education, based on the integration of international and Kazakhstani educational standards, within a challenging and supportive environment that fosters international-mindedness, promotes all aspects of individual growth, and equips students with the skills for lifelong learning.
Our philosophy involves the ways by which we implement the school mission statement:
- We believe that every child is a unique individual who needs a secure, caring, and stimulating atmosphere in which to grow and mature emotionally, intellectually, physically, and socially;
- We provide a student- centred approach to learning and inquire to provide students with the opportunities to gain knowledge, develop skills and attitudes using effective innovative technologies of education, that allow every student to realize his/her potential;
- We encourage our students to become active responsible citizens of their country and a global community by developing international mindedness and intercultural awareness;
- We encourage students to be curious, critical and creative thinkers able to make independent decisions.
- We respect multilingualism with emphasize of the English language as the language of communication within the school community;
- We respect the conventions of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights by non-discrimination;
- We foster mutual respect, tolerance, the ability to solve problems and create a caring environment through partnerships among all members of our community.
- We promote co-operation with external organizations to encourage students to be aware about the value of interaction and collaboration;
- We continue to promote educational innovation as well as excellence in the sphere of education.